Getting a good night’s sleep is imperative. A healthy lifestyle balance is dependent on your body recharging at night, and one of your best resources is using essential oil for sleep. This homemade essential oil recipe for sleep spray can aid in relaxation and help you get a restful night.
How do Essential Oils Help with Sleep?
These essential oils can help relieve the stress, emotional distress, or anxiety that is preventing you from sleeping.
- Sweet Orange – This mood-boosting essential oil may seem an odd choice for aiding in sleep, but the anti-anxiety effect can help if depression is making sleep difficult.
- Lavender – One of the best overall essential oils for mood and anxiety, as it relieves stress to allow sleep to come.
- Vetiver – Vetiver is rich and deep and helps calm scattered thoughts. It’s a great choice for an essential oil for sleep spray.
- Roman Chamomile – Chamomile calms both the digestive system and the nervous system which means if anxiety and nervousness is keeping you from sleep, this is an essential oil to add to your sleep spray.
- Ylang Ylang – Pretty and balancing, ylang ylang essential oil is a balancing essential oil that has a calming and stress-relieving effect.
Sleep Spray with Essential Oils
We have shared a few of our favorite sleep essential oil blends, but feel free to use your own favorite essential oil for sleep. Lavender oil is always a go-to for relaxing, which works well for sleep. If you suffer from allergies then you may want to use an allergy blend to help with breathing so you rest peacefully. An anxiety blend may also be beneficial to you.
- 4oz Glass Spray Bottle
- 20 drops of Essential Oils*
- 190 Proof alcohol
- Add essential oils to your glass spray bottle.
- Fill the remaining 4oz bottle with the alcohol.
- Shake well.
- Mist your pillow before bedtime to help aid sleep and provide a restful night.
What Are the Best Essential Oils to Blend for Sleep:
- *Patchouli & Cedarwood
- *Lavender & Vanilla Absolute
- *Vetiver & Roman Chamomile
- *Ylang ylang, bergamot, lavender, sweet marjoram, roman chamomile, valerian
- *Lavender, clary sage, ylang ylang, vanilla
- *Geranium, sweet marjoram, patchouli, sweet orange
- * Roman chamomile, rose, palmarosa
These oils can also be added to your wool drier balls and tossed in the drier when you dry your sheets! These are just a few of the possible essential oils for your sleep spray blend – experiment to see which ones of your favorites and will work together for you.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!