This featured article was written by our dear friend, Dr. Anna Cabeca. There are many factors that come into play and contribute to vaginal dryness. This article will give you excellent advice for a DIY personal lubricant.
About Dr. Anna Cabeca:
- Not only is Dr. Anna a woman of deep faith in Christ, she is a triple-board certified OB/GYN and the creator of Julva® – an anti-aging feminine cream for women and several other abundant life giving products for men & women.
- You can get a sample of Julva® by clicking HERE!
- Already love Julva? Click HERE to stock up and get a special Natural Living Family discount!
- Click HERE to take a quiz Dr. Anna has put together to help you Get The ‘Skinny’ On Your Female Pelvic and Sexual Health.
- Dr. Anna is also the creator of MightyMaca™ Plus – a superfood hormone balancing health drink.
As women’s sexual hormones naturally decline with age we start to see:
- A reduction in the elasticity of the vagina and thinning of the skin
- An increase in vaginal pH and decrease in healthy vaginal flora
- Diminished natural lubrication
- Things may start to just “hurt” down there!
Dryness and discomfort often become the “accepted” norm. Researchers have also found that women start to experience many emotional, mood and confidence issues as vaginal dryness symptoms take over.
If a woman has a partner she may find:
- A sex life that needs life-support (Because it hurts!)
- A reduced sense of self-confidence as a woman or partner
- A feeling of disconnectedness or loneliness
Make Your Own DIY Personal Lubricant
A natural lubricant can help by reducing the irritation and painful intercourse caused by vaginal dryness. Natural solutions such as organic coconut oil, aloe vera gel and essential oils do not contain the additional chemicals that can be seen in some commercial lubricant and vaginal moisturizing solutions. DIY lubricants can be created using many ingredients found in your kitchen cabinets and can offer temporary relief.
Dr. Anna’s Moisturizing Natural Lubricant by Dr. Anna Cabeca
- 2 Tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 1-2 drops essential oils
- Mix in a glass jar.
- Shake well.
- Keep Bedside and Voila!
- Use as much as desired prior too and during intimacy.
See Dr. Z’s Favorite Essential Oils for Sex: Boost Libido and Set the Mood Naturally for some great oils to use in your natural lubricant. Oils like patchouli, sandalwood, or rose might be good options.
Note – Coconut oil as a lubricant may impact the effectiveness of condoms so please be aware if going this route.
Don’t have time to make your own DIY personal lubricant?
You can try Dr. Anna’s product, Julva®, a new anti-aging feminine cream for the vulva. This is an all natural lubricant and moisturizing cream specially formulated to combat vaginal dryness.
What You Need to Know About Vaginal Dryness and a DIY Personal Lubricant
Dr. Anna joined me recently, here on the blog, to talk about vaginal dryness, it’s causes and treatments. If you or someone you know experiences this, please read this post.
Beyond a DIY Personal Lubricant: Essential Oils for Sex and Libido
Want to learn more about essential oils that are great for boosting libido? I’ve got an article on that! Click here.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!
Dr. Anna Cabeca Bio:Dr. Anna Cabeca is an Emory University trained gynecologist and obstetrician, a menopause and sexual health expert and international speaker and educator. She created the top selling products, Julva® – an anti-aging feminine cream for women, MightyMaca™ Plus – a superfood hormone balancing health drink, and online programs Magic Menopause, Women’s Restorative Health and SexualCPR. Read her blog at DrAnnaCabeca.com, and follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.