This DIY dusting spray with essential oils is one of the easiest natural cleaners you can make! With just two ingredients and a glass spray bottle you can replace the toxic dusting sprays you’ve been using on your wood.
An essential oil dusting spray does more than just clean the dust off your furniture, it moisturizes the wood so that it looks beautiful for years to come. Natural carrier oils like fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, and almond oil are all good for wood surfaces, but my favorite is fractionated coconut oil because it truly soaks in and doesn’t leave a sticky residue. It’s also thinner than some others so it escapes your sprayer in a fine, even mist.
Fragrances in Home Cleaners
Who can’t just smell that lemon-fresh scent of wood polish cleaning. Unfortunately like so many cleaners that “fresh scent” isn’t clean in any way. The lack of oversight in the US fragrance industry leaves the public open to massive exposures to a barrage of potentially deadly chemicals.
Many of the over 4,000 chemicals considered “fragrance” are known to be lung irritants, carcinogenic or disruptive to the endocrine system. With a DIY dusting spray that uses essential oils to clean and deodorize your furniture.
- 4 ounces carrier oil
- 5 drops lemon myrtle essential oil
- 5 drops lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops tangerine essential oil
- Glass bottle with a fine mister attachment
- Place the carrier oil and essential oils in a 4-ounce glass spray bottle with a mister attachment.
- To use, spray liberally on all your wood surfaces. Wipe off with a soft, clean cloth.