Gene’s Dairy-Free Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Gene's Easy Scalloped Potatoes: A Dairy-Free Side Dish!
Author: Mama Z
- 8 cups combination organic red and sweet potatoes, pared and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped organic onion or 2 tablespoons dried
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed organic butter or raw organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 4 cups organic full-fat canned coconut milk
- Small pot
- 9 x 13-inch pan
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Peel the red and sweet potatoes and slice them into thin slices. Combine the potatoes, so each type is evenly distributed.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter. Add the flour, sea salt, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and let cook until thickened. Immediately take off the heat.
- Place half the potatoes in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Top with half the onions and half the sauce. Repeat the layers. Bake uncovered for 2 hours or until you can stick a fork clear through the potatoes to the bottom of the casserole dish.
What is your favorite way to cook potatoes?
Here are some more healthy and delicious side dish recipes you can try!