Looking for a healthy dessert option? Go no further than this brown rice pudding recipe. By using brown rice instead of white rice and coconut milk instead of dairy milk – this traditional recipe has a healthy spin. The mix of spices and sweetness really hits the spot.
Brown Rice Pudding
- 1 cup dry organic brown rice or organic basmati brown rice
- 1 can full of fat coconut milk
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon egg replacer or 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eye droppers full of liquid stevia
- ⅓-1/2 tsp. organic dried stevia or 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- optional nuts
- Cook rice according to the instructions.
- Add 1 can of coconut milk.
- Add raisins, coconut oil, egg replacer, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and stevia all in a pot on your range.
- Put the whole mixture in a small baking dish and top with extra cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the pudding is firm.
Dessert before dinner? This brown rice pudding makes a great sweet snack option.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!