What you put in and on your body is not the only thing you should pay attention to. It is just as important to clean your home with non-toxic cleaners as it is to eat a healthy diet. Having a chemical free home is important to our family’s health, and yours too!
Table of Contents
Why This Kitchen Cleaner Recipe Works
Tea Tree essential oil serves as an antifungal essential oil, which makes it a great addition to your household cleaners to fight those pesky microbes. Tea tree has also been used for it’s antibacterial power so it’s an excellent choice for homemade kitchen cleaning solutions.
Lemon essential oil has antiviral and antiseptic qualities, plus it smells fresh. It’s been tied to increased food safety by fighting nasty bacteria in the kitchen and helps cut through grease, making it the perfect addition to your DIY kitchen cleaner recipe.
By using white vinegar as your base, you are starting with a natural cleaner that is effective against bacteria and mold. I love using vinegar as a non-toxic base for my homemade cleaners instead of caustic chemicals. For granite counters, however, you’ll want to replace the vinegar with distilled water.
More Tips to Safely Clean Your Home
This is just one of the many recipes that we use in our home to ensure that we remain in a toxic-free environment that is safe for our entire family. If you like this recipe, you’ll have to try our Homemade Oven Cleaner with Essential Oils too! It’s amazing how just a few simple recipes can give you the tools you need to create a healthier, cleaner home without using dangerous chemicals that can negatively affect our bodies.
If you’re ready to take even more steps toward a healthier home, free of chemicals and toxins, Dr. Z and Mama Z’s Toxic-Free Healthy Home Makeover is a perfect starting point. Join Dr. Z and Mama Z as they take you on a tour of their home, showing you all of the things that they do to create and maintain a toxic-free environment.
You’ll get tips, recipes, and simple, actionable steps that you can take to start to make changes in your own home, right away. It’s easier than you think to create a healthier home, from the kitchen and pantry, to the laundry room and bathroom, and even outside in the garden!
Homemade Kitchen Cleaner Spray
- 8 ounces of Water
- 4 ounces of White Vinegar*
- 3 ounces of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- 1 teaspoon of Dr. Bronner Liquid Castile Soap
- 10 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Glass spray bottle
- Add your essential oil to the isopropyl alcohol. Slowly add the vinegar.
- Mix your castile soap into the distilled water and gently add this to the alcohol, essential oil, and vinegar mixture. Mix gently, but well.
- Spray kitchen counters with your homemade cleaner and wipe down.
* Take out the vinegar if you have granite countertops as it can cause etching or pitting. Replace with distilled water. It’s recommended to make new cleaner each week if you can. You may be able to get up to a month out of this recipe. Be sure to check your cleaner for bacterial and fungal growth before each use. Keep in cold storage if you can.
Learn how to convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!