With the warmer weather we start venturing outdoors to go hiking, biking, and exploring. I love to encourage the kids to get outside and play in the fresh air. Unfortunately, there are times we may come along some poison ivy without notice and you need to know what essential oil is good for poison ivy. These pesky little plants love to spread rashes all over the body, quickly. To treat the itchy rash, I put together some of my favorite essential oils for poison ivy with apple cider vinegar as a base. Learn how you can treat poison ivy with essential oils in this DIY recipe.
Essential Oils for Poison Ivy
Before spraying your rash, always shake your bottle between uses. This helps prevent any settling of your ingredients.
If you do not have a glass spray bottle on hand, you can apply a few drops of the mixture to your poison ivy rash. Use as needed for relief from itching and inflammation.
DIY Poison Ivy Relief by Mama Z
Ingredients for Homemade Poison Ivy Relief
- 1 tablespoon of 190 proof alcohol
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Glass bottle spray bottle
Instructions for Homemade Poison Ivy Relief
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar.
- Dissolve sea salt in water/vinegar mix.
- Add essential oils and mix well.
- Store in glass bottle no more than 2 days before using.
- Spray the infected area, as needed.
This blend is perfect for using immediately after contact to help dry up any of the remaining oils from the exposure.
Poison Ivy Relief Aloe Gel Recipe
Here’s a blend with aloe gel that will last longer on the shelf and can be applied during the healing process. It uses aloe gel and essential oils for a healing lotion.
Ingredients for Poison Ivy Aloe Gel
- 2 oz PET flip top bottle
- 1 drop lavender
- 1 drop roman chamomile
- 1 drop eucalyptus
- 1 drop peppermint
- Thickened aloe jelly
Instructions for Poison Ivy Aloe Gel
- Add aloe and essential oils in a small glass and mix thoroughly until the gel takes on a milky appearance.
- Using a funnel and a spoon, pour the mixture into your flip top bottle.
- Apply as needed until your skin no longer itches.
Poison ivy doesn’t have to slow you down too much when you enlist the power of natural medicines to help you heal!
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!