Finding the right cleanser for your skincare regime does not have to be expensive. You can make a quick & easy DIY facial cleanser from products in your home. These toxic-free homemade facial cleanser recipes are sure to cleanse your pores and leave you feeling fresh.
Below I’m featuring two super effective, easy recipes that you can use to safely clean your face and to keep your age spots away!
Quick & Easy DIY Facial Cleanser
In this simple but effective DIY facial cleanser recipe, a little goes a very long way.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh frozen aloe or aloe gel
- 2 Tablespoon baking soda
- 5-7 drops of essential oils (optional)
- In a double boiler*, melt the coconut oil.
- As soon as the coconut oil is almost melted fully, remove from heat.
- Add aloe and baking soda.
- As soon as the mixture is cool, stir in essential oils.
Double-Boiler: Fill a medium pot halfway with water. Add the mixture to a dedicated wide-mouth pint sized mason jar. No need to wash between each use. Simply store it in a cool, dry place for the next batch.
Stove: Gas stoves run hot. So set your gas stove no higher than 2. On an electric stove, warm the double boiler on the lowest setting. Preparing this recipe on an electric stove will take longer. But doing so on the lowest heat setting will help prevent the coconut oil from separating.
Anti-Aging Facial or Body Cleanser
This next recipe works well for age spots. You can use it on your face and body.
- 9 drops lavender
- 5 drops frankincense
- 5 drops myrrh
- 5 drops geranium
- 5 drops helichrysum
- 5 drops sandalwood
- 4 drops rose
- 2 drops fennel
- 50/50 blend raw organic coconut oil and aloe
- 4.5-ounce glass bottle
- Fill the 4.5-ounce bottle with the essential oils first.
- Then add the aloe and coconut oil.
- Shake vigorously.
Alternatively, you may make this recipe in a Magic Bullet. This method will yield a thicker consistency with a more whitish color, somewhat similar to a paste.
- Add the essential oils to the Magic Bullet.
- Blend ingredients and immediately transfer to a funnel and shake vigorously.
- Fill the 4.5-ounce bottle with the mixture, then cap with a squeezy top.
Follow it up with a healing, natural facial mask and let your inner beauty shine!