A simple vegetable broth and ramen noodle soup is just the thing to fuel and hydrate my body and provide the nutrients needed!
Trust me, this recipe is super easy and simple to make, so it’s perfect when you’re not feeling your best, but it also makes a great quick lunch or dinner on a busy day.
Ramen has been a quick fix meal that is cheap and tasty, but store bought ramen is not the most healthy. This recipe takes just a few minutes to throw together and you’ve got a quick, delicious soup without all of the preservatives and sodium that is found in traditional ramen.
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth (1 large box)
- 2 cakes Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen (Lotus Foods)
- 8 teaspoons Aminos or 4 teaspoons gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons organic toasted sesame oil
- 8 oz organic mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 2 handfuls organic spinach or kale (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- Bring vegetable broth and millet & brown rice ramen cakes to a boil.
- Bring mixture down to a simmer and add the rest of the ingredients and cover.
- Let cook for 5-10 or until ramen cakes are completely cooked.
One of the most wonderful things about this recipe is that we are able to use plenty of the wonderful organic vegetables that we grow in our garden. Fresh spinach and kale are packed with wonderful antioxidants and nutrients. We can customize our soup to what is in season or what we’re in the mood to eat that particular day. Beans, carrots, squash…all of these are delicious options to include in a pot of vegetable broth ramen soup.
Though it’s perfectly fine to choose frozen organic vegetables if that’s what you have on hand, using home-grown veggies just makes everything taste that much better. You’re feeding your family with the fruits (or veggies!) of your labor and can enjoy the satisfaction of doing your very best for the people you love the most. You’ll know just where they came from and what was used to control pests and to fertilize. That’s just an amazing peace of mind.
Want to get more wonderful recipes, gardening tips, and find out what we do to keep our home toxic-free and safe for our family? Dr. Z and Mama Z’s Toxic-Free Healthy Home Makeover brings you along on a guided tour of our home, showing you how we have removed toxic elements from the kitchen, laundry, pantry, bathroom, and garden to create a healthier home. We’d love for you to join us and learn how you can take the first steps to a healthier and more abundant life for you and your own family.