We love to set out a spread of desserts to enjoy after our holiday meal and invite over friends for some fellowship and fun to round out the holiday. Many traditional holiday desserts are filled with processed sugars, dairy, and artificial ingredients that we work so hard to keep out of our diets. However, we don’t want to go through the holidays and special occasions feeling as if we’re deprived of the celebration.
Learn More About Creating A Healthy Home Learn how to give your kitchen, pantry, laundry room, bathroom and garden a total health makeover with our FREE 5-episode toxic-free, healthy home makeover tour.
We simply have to cook smarter to make sure that we have treats that are healthful while being decadent and indulgent at the same time. We look for dairy-free alternatives to our favorite cheeses. And the natural sweeteners available are incredible!
This Allergy-Friendly Cheesecake has all of the flavors without any of the harmful ingredients that most desserts have. You really can have your cake and eat it, too! I’ve even adapted a cookie crumb pie crust recipe so you won’t sacrifice a single teaspoon of flavor with this recipe!
- 1 Cookie Crumb Pie Crust,completed and cooled
- 1 (8-ounce) container dairy-free cream-cheese substitute, at room temperature*
- ⅓ cup Christmas Cookie Blend, coconut sugar or 5-6 droppersfulliquid stevia
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored coconut milk yogurt alternative or soy-free Veganaise or your preferred avocado-oil or grapeseed oil vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon organic pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- 1 tablespoon Natural Confectioners' Sugar
- Food processor or large bowl
- Place the cream cheese in a food processor or large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add coconut sugar, yogurt alternative, and vanilla. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add Coconut Milk Whipped Cream and Powdered Coconut Sugar. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into Cookie Crumb Pie Crust and refrigerate for 4 hours until set. Enjoy!
You can serve your cheesecake just as it is or experiment a bit to make it your own! Add a drop or two of lemon, lime, or another citrus essential oil to the allergy-friendly cheesecake batter for a fun burst of flavor. Set out a toppings bar of different fresh fruit, berries, chocolate chips or pieces (we like Lily’s brand dark chocolate), or nuts so your guests can customize their dessert with their own favorite flavors. There is a lot you can do with this simple, versatile recipe!
Would you like to find more ways to make your holidays and every day more healthful and toxic-free for your loved ones? In Dr. Z and Mama Z’s Toxic-Free Healthy Home Makeover Tour, you’ll go room-by-room, exploring all of the changes that we have made to make our home a toxic-free environment.
Learn about the swaps we’ve made in our pantry and throughout our kitchen, bathroom, garden, and laundry room and start taking simple steps toward a toxic-free lifestyle. Get a wonderful menu plan with more recipes similar to allergy-friendly cheesecake that will allow you to makeover your everyday meals, cutting out dairy, gluten, sugar, and artificial ingredients. You’ll be on the road to a healthier, more abundant life.