Making homemade fruit roll ups is far easier than it sounds. Just break out the dehydrator, whip up a quick batch of fruit puree from our fruit roll ups recipe and add some vegan or grass-fed beef gelatin, pop it in the dehydrator overnight.
Learn how to make fruit roll ups yourself and you’ll have a wonderful, healthy snack that is simple for lunches or when you’re on the go with the kids!
- Fruit - Approx 4 Cups
- 2 Tbs grass-fed beef or vegan gelatin alternative like Agar-Agar
- Non-Stick dehydrator sheets (parchment paper will work in a pinch)
- Add fruit to the blender and blend on high speed until pureed. For thicker fruit like bananas you may want to add up to ¼ cup water.
- Add 2 Tbls gelatin and blend on high speed until fully mixed.
- Lay your dehydrator sheets over the grate on the tray and then pour your fruit puree on top.
- Tilt your tray as needed to spread the mixture evenly about ¼ an inch thick.
- Set the temperature at about 140 degrees or set it on low. Dry for 6-10 hours or overnight depending on thickness and humidity.
- Bend the dehydrator sheet over and the fruit leather should begin to peel up in a single, flexible fruit leather sheet.
- Roll the fruit layer up onto a clean sheet of parchment paper for storage.
- Store your rolled up fruit leathers in an air-tight container for up to a few months for a delicious, healthy snack!
Homemade fruit roll snacks don’t need to be the only thing you use your dehydrator for though. Make the most of bulk buys, seasonal specials, and garden-fresh produce by using your dehydrator to preserve fruit. These tips will help you have the healthiest foods on hand whenever you need them!
Are you excited by the idea of taking your family’s favorite meals and snacks making them as wholesome and healthy as possible? Dr. Z and Mama Z’s Toxic-Free Healthy Home Makeover is full of practical tips and advice that will help you make your entire home a more healthful space for your entire family.
You’ll learn much more than just how to make fruit roll ups; you’ll find out how to put your dehydrator to use and how to get the best, healthiest foods out of your garden, without the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers. Plus, you’ll get Mama Z’s Recipe Makeover Guide, which will teach you how to make simple substitutions that will lead you down the path to clean eating.