Making homemade fruit roll ups is far easier than it sounds. Just break out the dehydrator, whip up a quick batch of fruit puree from our fruit roll ups recipe and add some vegan or grass-fed beef gelatin, pop it in the dehydrator overnight.
Learn how to make fruit roll ups yourself and you’ll have a wonderful, healthy snack that is simple for lunches or when you’re on the go with the kids!
- 4 cups organic fruit
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed beef gelatin or agar-agar
- Purified or distilled water
- Place the fruit in a blender and blend at high speed until pureed. Thicker fruits like bananas may need ¼ cup water to reach the right consistency.
- Add the gelatin and blend again until thoroughly mixed.
- Lay non-stick dehydrator sheets over the tray grates and pour fruit puree on top.
- Tilt the tray as needed to spread puree into a ¼-inch thick layer.
- Dehydrate at 140°F or a low setting for 6-10 hours or overnight. Time will vary based on your climate.
- Bend the dehydrator sheet to remove the fruit leather in one flexible sheet when finished.
- Roll in a clean piece of parchment paper and store in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Homemade fruit roll snacks don’t need to be the only thing you use your dehydrator for though. Make the most of bulk buys, seasonal specials, and garden-fresh produce by using your dehydrator to preserve fruit. These tips will help you have the healthiest foods on hand whenever you need them!
Are you excited by the idea of taking your family’s favorite meals and snacks making them as wholesome and healthy as possible? Dr. Z and Mama Z’s Toxic-Free Healthy Home Makeover is full of practical tips and advice that will help you make your entire home a more healthful space for your entire family.
You’ll learn much more than just how to make fruit roll ups; you’ll find out how to put your dehydrator to use and how to get the best, healthiest foods out of your garden, without the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers. Plus, you’ll get Mama Z’s Recipe Makeover Guide, which will teach you how to make simple substitutions that will lead you down the path to clean eating.