I have a secret to tell you:
Eating healthy food doesn’t have to taste like cardboard!
There isn’t anything that I WANT to eat that I can’t because of food sensitivities or allergies! There are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and allergy-free substitutions for every recipe that we like in our house. And when it comes to butter toffee, this recipe is tops!
Try this super tasty and HEALTHY grass-fed butter toffee. It is adapted by a recipe that my very talented little-sister-in-Christ, Kelcie Morgan, made up.
Butter Toffee Recipe
- 1 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 15 drops English toffee liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon organic pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw organic cacao nibs
- ¼ cup raw organic pecans
- Freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt (optional)
- Place a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add coconut sugar, stevia, and vanilla.
- Stir all ingredients for 10-15 minutes until smooth and well combined. Your mixture should be golden brown.
- Pour the toffee onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with cocoa nibs, pecans, and sea salt (if using), and freeze for one hour. Take out of the freezer and break into pieces. Store in a Ziploc bag placed in the freezer. Enjoy!
How about you? Do you have a toffee recipe to share that’s to live for? 😉
I’ve share some more of my favorite recipes for healthy AND delicious desserts for you to try.