Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
Author: Mama Z
Serves: 2 extra-large loaves or 2 large loaves and 2 small loaves
- [url:1Unrefined (no propellant) coconut-oil or olive-oil cooking spray[/url], for greasing the pans
- 1 cup grass-fed butter or ½ cup butter and ½ cup raw organic coconut oil
- 1 cup Grade A Dark Amber maple syrup or raw local organic honey
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs OR 2 tablespoons egg replacer PLUS ½ cup purified or distilled water
- 4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 large organic bananas, mashed
- 1 cup raw organic walnuts, whole or crushed
- 1 cup raw organic pecans, whole or crushed
- 2 extra-large loaf pans (1.5 quart) or 2 large loaf pans (8,5" x 4.5") AND 2 small loaf pans (5.75" x 3").
- Mixing bowls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray the loaf pans with coconut or olive-oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and honey until fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Fold into the wet mixture alternating with the mashed bananas. Add the nuts and stir in. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pans and bake. Large loaf pans will take about an hour, while smaller pans will be done in 30-40 minutes. Loaves are finished when golden brown or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Do you eat your banana bread as dessert or a morning snack? Try our Lemon Tea Bread recipe and our Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe for delicious, allergy-friendly treats.