Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
Gluten-Free Cranberry Nut Bread
Author: Mama Z
- Unrefined (no propellant) coconut-oil or olive-oil cooking spray, for greasing the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free baking flour, plus more for prepping the pan
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup butter or raw organic coconut oil
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg OR 1 ½ teaspoons egg replacer PLUS 2 tablespoons purified or distilled water
- ¾ cup 100% pure orange juice
- Zest of one organic orange
- 1 ½ cup organic cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- Mixing bowls
- 8 x 4-inch loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice, and zest; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices)
Pairs well with my Warmed Holiday Punch.