Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
Cranberry Nut Bread
Author: Mama Z
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free baking flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar, honey granules or ½ cup maple syrup or agave
- 1½ teaspoons non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 teaspoons pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 organic egg
- ¾ cup 100% pure orange juice
- 1 navel orange's grated orange peel
- 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, natural sweetener, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices)
Pairs well with my Warmed Holiday Punch.