Each year I like to share this Mother’s day salute from Proverbs 31. I pray that it will be a blessing to all women who are mothers, step-mothers, mothers-in-law, adopted-foster mothers, caretakers, guardians, grandmothers and who play a mother/nurturing role in someone else’s life.
A Mother’s Day Salute
I believe that if Proverbs 31 were written today, it would be written for all women who fear God in holiness and purity. In more modern terms, to worship and revere our Heavenly Father in righteousness and truth. It is with this in mind that I share with you a special Mother’s Day salute to all the Moms out there inspired by the famous passage in Proverbs 31.
Read more Bible verses celebrating mothers in our Inspiration channel.
- A mother of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
- Her children has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
- She brings them good, not harm, all the days of her life.
- She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
- She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
- She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants.
- She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
- She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
- She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
- In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
- She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
- When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
- She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
- Her family is respected at the city gate, where they takes their seat among the elders of the land.
- She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
- She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
- She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
- Her children arise and call her blessed and praises her:
- “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
- Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
- Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Praise the Lord for loving mothers, amen!
Poem: A Mother’s Love
I’ll leave you with a short poem…
“A Mother’s Love,” Helen Steiner Rice
A Mother’s love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may,
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away,
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking
And it never fails or falters
Many poets have attempted to immortalize the love of a mother through pen and ink. Helen Steiner Rice’s, “A Mother’s Love” epitomizes the best of them and echos the sacred words of 1 Corinthians 13 about love. Please share with the mothers in your lives and let them know how much they have meant to you!
Learn how to make your own healing remedies, convert all of your home and body care products into non-toxic, abundant life giving masterpieces, and take your confidence in using essential oils safely & effectively to the next level.
Get a FREE copy of our #1 Ranked, Bestselling Essential Oils Book, and we'll show you how! Just cover our shipping cost & we'll send it anywhere in the world. –> Redeem Your FREE Copy HERE!