If your dogs love going outside during the summer, then this homemade dog shampoo will come in handy using essential oils for dogs. This simple recipe for an essential oil dog shampoo is easy to use on your dog for a quick cleansing and fresh smell. When you are limited on time to give your pet a full bath using our DIY dog shampoo, then try the below recipe in a glass jar with shaker for simplicity.
DIY Dry Essential Oil Homemade Dog Shampoo by Mama Z
This homemade dog shampoo is known to deter fleas from making your dog’s fur their new home. Along with the DIY dog shampoo, try our homemade flea and tick spray before they go outside or if you plan to take them on a hike.
- ½ cup baking soda
- ½ cup corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 3 drops of lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- glass jar with shaker lid
- Add baking soda and corn starch or arrowroot powder to glass jar.
- Pour essential oil drops into powder mix.
- Shake well.
- Sprinkle dry shampoo on your dog, starting at their neck – being careful to avoid their eyes.
- Work your way down their entire body and rub in well.
- Let them shake the access off and groom them with a dog comb or brush.
Become a Natural Living Guru! To enjoy an abundant (healthy) life, we have found that living a life free of harmful chemicals is crucial for physical, mental, emotional and especially spiritual wellbeing. However, most people don't know where to start. So, to help you on your journey, we have created a 5-Part Video Home Tour that shows you exactly how we have detoxed our home (and life!). As part of our Natural Living Family, we want to give you an opportunity to watch it for FREE! All you need to do is reserve your spot by clicking HERE. We'll see you there!