Each kind of pain and each person is different, but taking a whole body approach and using natural solutions like essential oils for pain can address many conditions in a much more direct way. Pain conditions are not only rampant, but they can be difficult to treat with conventional medication. Chances are, you’re reading this because you are struggling with pain and tired of the bandage solutions that just treat it symptomatically and come with a myriad of side effects.
2 Special Essential Oils for Pain Relief
These are TWO of the our favorite essential oils for pain you can turn to for pain relief.
- Copaiba – This essential oil helps relieve inflammation and pain due to the analgesic effect of the compound, beta-caryophyllene. And unlike over-the-counter pain relievers, copaiba can actually be beneficial for your liver.
- Frankincense – The essential oil extracted from the famous Christmastime resin has so many benefits it doesn’t come as a surprise that pain relief is one of them. Studies show the analgesic properties of frankincense act as a natural pain reliever repeatedly. In 2014, for example, Oman researchers compared frankincense oil with aspirin, and it exhibited strong pain soothing properties in over 50% of the participants who had both early and late phase pain. (Source)
When combined together, frankincense and copaiba make for a wonderful pain-relieving blend.
Pain-Away Roll On
Natural pain remedies are often less invasive than medications and usually include lifestyle changes that begin to address the underlying causes. With something like essential oils for pain, you can easily incorporate them into your lifestyle while taking advantage of pain-relieving effects that – when used properly – carry few side effects. (source)
With that said, you should always work with your doctor to determine the best strategy for tackling pain and its causes. Use caution and learn of contraindications and interactions before introducing supplements and essential oils to ease your pain when you are already taking medications.
- 10ml. roller bottle
- 5 drops copaiba
- 3 drops sweet marjoram
- 3 drops basil (linalool chemotype)
- 3 drops frankincense
- Carrier oil (jojoba and fractionated coconut oil absorb quickly and work best)
- Add essential oils to the glass roller bottle.
- Fill the remaining space in the roller bottle with your carrier oil of choice and shake well.
- Apply over problem areas up to 2x daily at the onset of pain.
What essential oils are good for pain? How did this pain relief recipe work for you? We’d love to hear.