From tiny little buzzing gnats to blood sucking mosquitos, some insects can really take the joy out of gardening. And who wants to use toxic sprays and repellents that seep into your skin? Not me! This is my all natural solution, an essential oil bug spray for gardeners!
Bug Spray for the Entire Family
This spray is safe for the whole family and great for anytime you’re outside. And, it’s not just good for gardener!
If you’re looking for a spray specifically formulated for mosquitos, check out my DIY mosquito repellent. It’s a little stronger and I go into detail about why natural mosquito repellents aren’t a one-size-fits-all and how you can customize your spray to work for you!
Organic Gardening Made Easy Masterclass!
Learn more about organic gardening and non-toxic landscaping with my Organic Gardening Made Easy masterclass.
Gardener’s Essential Oil Bug Spray
- 1 oz. Mama Z Oil Base (or carrier oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon aloe gel
- 5 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- 2 oz. spray bottle
- Mix essential oils, aloe and witch hazel in spray bottle.
- Add carrier oil.
- Fasten lid and shake vigorously
- Spray onto arms and legs and spread throughout body for working into the garden
Alternatively, you can use 4 drops each of clove, lemon, and orange essential oils.
Learn More About Organic Gardening with Our Masterclass! See all my secrets for non-toxic landscaping with my Organic Gardening Made Easy masterclass.